We are hiring (again!)
Our studio is busy with new work and so we are looking to grow our technical team with the recruitment of a Front End Developer, who will have a key role in designing and building great digital services that have positive impact on the lives of vulnerable people.
We already work with twenty five local authorities throughout the country, providing a range of websites, apps and bespoke web applications, including the Care Leavers App which is used to provide help and support to young people leaving care. It's an exciting time with lots of genuinely innovative work taking place and we have ambitious growth plans to become a leading provider of digital solutions and digital transformation services within our space.
You’ll be joining a friendly technical team all of whom work remotely, and you’ll mostly be coding in HTML, CSS and Vue, those are the skills we are keenest on and use the most. That said, we are open to meeting anyone with relevant experience, especially in other JS tech such as React, Angular, whether this tech is something you’ve been using for a few months or a few years.
Our back-end tech stack is Ruby on Rails and MySQL but there’s no expectation of past experience with either, as this is primarily a front-end role. You will be reporting in to our Technical Director.
If you have an eye for design and detail, and experience in creating effective user interfaces and have a knack for adding those special touches, then that would be great.
A Front End Developer at focusgov will typically get involved in:
- website build using HTML, CSS and JS including new builds and amends to existing sites,
- hybrid app development using HTML, CSS and Vue and managing the app submission process,
- integrating front-end components with our bespoke Rails-based CMS,
- accessibility audits and fixes,
- automated testing,
- version control using Git.
- ensuring work meets our ISO-audited quality standards,
- advise our client services team, helping to prepare quotes and specifications.
We are keen to meet people who:
- have relevant technical experience, preferably in a commercial environment.
- have good knowledge of digital accessibility,
- are able to show an up to date portfolio of project builds,
- demonstrate a good knowledge of responsive design, UX, cross-browser and cross-device development,
- able to work remotely 100% of the time.
We are offering:
- salary dependent on experience but we expect to pay between £23k and £30k,
- private medical insurance with Bupa,
- employee assistance programme,
- 25 days holiday plus additional close down over Christmas, and birthdays off,
- NEST pension,
- opportunity for learning and development.
Please note this is a fully remote role and so we are happy to meet candidates from throughout the UK. A full job specification for this role is available on request.
If you would like to apply then please send a CV and any other relevant details to Simon, our MD, at: [email protected].
If you would like a chat about the role then please contact Neil, our Technical Director: [email protected]
Please no agencies at this time, thank you.
Back to blog articles